|This article is a stub or a work in progress. You can help by .|
Being an EVERSPACE pilot you travel and explore, hunt for resources and uncover hidden secrets as well as fight and upgrade your ship and character. Every time you die, you have the opportunity to upgrade your ship, improving your chances of success in subsequent runs. Many upgrades and modifications are visible on your ship in full detail.
Features[edit | edit source]
- PC platform with additional platforms as stretch goals
- Singleplayer Rogue-like gameplay with persistent progression
- AAA-style visuals & sound and rock-solid controls
- Captivating non-linear storytelling that perfectly fits the nature of a rogue-like
- In-depth upgrade and damage system
- 1st and 3rd person action focus (no sim)
Gameplay[edit | edit source]
The goal of the game may sound simple: Reach your destination. However, with every new attempt you will face all new challenges as the route to your destination and the obstacles you must overcome vary each time you play.
When you start a run, a new course to your destination will be plotted so that it is very unlikely that you will encounter the same setting twice. To survive you will have to adapt to the circumstances at hand:
- Use different tactics when dealing with enemies - cloak your ship and sneak past or attack all guns blazing?
- Gather resources for much needed repairs in the local asteroid belt or hunt down well-guarded traders for their precious supplies?
- Explore the mysterious nebula visible in the distance with unknown consequences or stay safe and head straight to the space station for refueling?
- Investigate cosmic anomalies and stellar bodies (wormholes, comets, derelict ship wrecks) or don't bother and jump to the next system?
Obviously as an EVERSPACE™ pilot you need to deal with lots of decisions during your journey. Each and every one will affect how you experience your personal quest to the ultimate goal. Because of this no EVERSPACE™ run is like any other. Ever.
In order to leave the system and jump to the next one, you will need to gather enough fuel to power up the jump drive and at the same time collect credits and resources to craft items and upgrade your ship.
The mix of persistent progression (blueprints and personal wealth) and temporary progression (crafting and equipping your ship during a run) combined with an ever-changing universe and a rewarding story will make you want to start over again and again to eventually reach your final destination.
System requirements[edit | edit source]
- OS: 64-Bit Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (Mac and Linux are planned for future releases)
- Processor: 2 GHz Dual-Core 64-bit CPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX10 Compatible GPU with 1 GB Video RAM
- DirectX: Version 10
- Mouse and Keyboard (See also: Controls)
Some VR systems require 90 FPS(!) on two(!) screens. With that in mind, we will provide a lot of scalability, so you’ll get awesome graphics on powerful systems and will still be able to play at very good frame rates on older systems. You won’t be needing hardware acceleration for physics. However, you will require more advanced hardware in order to use virtual reality devices.
Expansions and DLC[edit | edit source]
- Deluxe Edition - purely DLC that doesn't affect anything in-game.
- Encounters - the first large expansion since the game released.