|This article is a stub or a work in progress. You can help by .|
|Unreal Engine 4|
|PC, Xbox, Playstation|
|January 18, 2021 (Early Access)|
|Action, Open World, Space|
Everspace 2 is an upcoming fast-paced open-world space shooter (singleplayer only) being developed by Rockfish Games, to be released on PC and console platforms. It is the direct sequel to Everspace, but is leaving the rogue-like elements behind.
- Open-world space exploration
- Cover large distances using Supralight travel
- Arcade-like space combat
- Classic RPG elements
- Diablo-like loot system
- See also: Updates (ES2).
- The entire roadmap was recently pushed back, so the future release dates below may be inaccurate.
Released and planned updates for Everspace 2:
- Some key points of development were only available to certain backer tiers:
- Prototype, released December 17th, 2019. Originally available to backers of the "Standard Edition" (€40) tier or higher, but it can now be publicly downloaded on Steam.
- Closed Alpha, released June 15th, 2020. Available to backers of the "First Flush Edition" (€80) tier or higher.
- Closed Beta, released September 25, 2020. Available to backers of the "Early Adopter Edition" (€70) tier or higher, and the "Just the Game, Please!" (€30) tier or higher as of November 2nd, 2020.
- Early Access launch (Steam only), planned for January 18, 2021.
- Major Update 1 - 2021
- Major Update 2 - 2021
- Major Update 3 - 2021
- Full Release - 2022
This wiki is not used for game support. It is best to ask on the Steam forums, the official forums, or on the official Discord.
On a Windows 10 OS, save games, hi-res screenshots, configs, and crash logs can be found at C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ES2\Saved.