Feedback & Suggestions
Have any feedback or suggestions for the wiki? Leave them below! Please remember to sign your comments with
~~~~. You can also use the #wiki-general channel on the Rockfish Games Discord. If you need to notify administrators of some important issue, please use the Admin Noticeboard.
How can I help?
If you're interested in helping out on the wiki, check out the sections and links below! If you plan on contributing more than just a couple edits, please consider registering and joining the discord. Thanks - any help is appreciated!
Good pages to visit for working on the wiki
- To-do list
- Special:WantedPages for a list of currently needed pages.
- Needed images (or just broken image links): Special:WantedFiles, Category:Articles needing images, and Category:Images needing improvement.
- Everything should be in a category, including all future files. Special:UncategorizedPages and Special:UncategorizedFiles
- Category:Wiki maintenance lists all stubs, candidates for deletion, etc.
- Category:Stubs lists all pages that could be fleshed out more, or are just missing information.
- Want to see what's going on? Check out Special:RecentChanges, and maybe you can improve on something that was edited or created recently.
This section serves to keep this wiki consistent from one article to the next. (Based off of Obduction wiki's style guide: https://obduction.gamepedia.com/Talk:Obduction_Wiki - Thanks, TheFloydman!) You should also look at https://help.gamepedia.com/Manual_of_Style, but the below list is some more unique and basic things.
- The word "Everspace" or Everspace 2 should always be italicized when referring to the title of the game.
- Everspace - ''Everspace''
- When linking the word "Everspace", the link should be directed to the Everspace page, not just the wiki's main page. ("Everspace" should still be italicized when linking.)
- Everspace - ''[[Everspace]]''
- Page titles should be in sentence case. This means that you should capitalize the article title as if it were a sentence without an ending period. Only the first word and proper nouns/adjectives should start with a capital letter.
- Please follow the file naming format. It should be something like this: File:GeneralThing-SpecificThing.filetype. If you're confused, try looking at similar files. Currently, most Everspace 2 files start with ES2-.
- Most files older than January 2018 will have the older naming format which always had Everspace in the first part of the name.
- Galleries should follow this format : <gallery mode="packed" style=text-align:left> </gallery>
- Images should be taken with Action Freeze (no HUD) and should not include the game watermark. Avoid editing the image with the action freeze tools - the object or area should look as it does in-game.
- Except for very short quotes, articles should paraphrase source material, not copy it. If context is needed, refer the reader to the source material instead. This should be easier once the wiki has transcripts of everything in the codex among other things
- References made using <ref></ref> automatically appear at the bottom of the article. Add "== References ==" (without quotes) to the bottom of the article so that they appear nicely in a section. This should not be done if there are no references because you will just be creating an empty section.
- Add an infobox when appropriate.
- Proofread before you finish creating/editing a page. This will save a lot of time down the road. This short guide is very useful.
- The Minecraft Wiki and No Man's Sky Wiki are great examples of what we can achieve visually and textually. Let them inspire you in your work here. Inspiration for some pages such as missions might be gained from the Witcher Wiki, specifically The Witcher 3.
- For more visual styling (such as with css, templates, and infoboxes) see the official community style guide made by Rockfish, dealing with colors, fonts, logos, and elements. File:ES2-CommunityStyleGuide.pdf