Here's a list of everything this wiki needs to be "complete". At this point, only a lot of non-crucial stuff is left for the Everspace 1 portion.
If you plan on contributing more than just a couple edits, please consider registering and joining the Rockfish/Everspace Discord (see you in #wiki-general!) here.
Everspace 2[edit | edit source]
Check pins on both wiki channels in the discord for important discussion about this
Category guide[edit | edit source]
- Categories containing stuff specifically related to Everspace 2 should be titled <Name name> (ES2). Categories with ES1 content will not be changed, consider anything without (ES2) ES1 content.
- This is different for normal content pages... things that are obviously only in ES2 may not need the (ES2) in the title, and some pages will include content from both games.
- Top level for Everspace content is Category:Everspace, ES2 is Category:Everspace 2
New style & design[edit | edit source]
- Change header image on normal pages? far-fetched idea: different header image based on if the page is in a category with (ES2) or not.
- Does mobile css need an update?
Main Content pages[edit | edit source]
All will need imglinks on es2 portal eventually
- Characters (ES2)
- Director Blackmore, in charge of G&B operations in Ceto? or maybe overall in C-34
- Perks (ES2) - more to come, missing some of Delia's levels
- Ships (ES2)
- Ship attributes: Ultimate, special, passive, shield, armor, hull, (several unknown icons), cruise speed, tractor beam range, handling; ratings?: firepower, precision, structure, structure, resistance, utility, repair; devices, upgrades; customization: name, extensions, appeal
- Locations (ES2) - good/bad name?
- stations (ES2), secrets (ES2) pages? will need to add their links to all location page headers. Also need to link future resources (ES2), enemies (ES2), and npcs page. redirect npcs to characters?
- Probably have links to each system, then each system page will have links to each site (and region if they eventually get expanded enough to need a page).
- Sites should list missions that have objectives or are offered there
- Maybe a landing page with a list of all stations as well + any useful info, probably a big table. Stations might have job boards, ship dealer, black market, shop
- Grendal has a template for these pages to copy/paste
- Might want an infobox for factions or races if there are a lot more of them
- Make new equipment infobox for ES2 equipment, copy in-game UI as close as possible
- separate pages for each type, maybe even each kind of item?
- add purple color for higher level items?
- equip prefixes. some known: calibrated (rail gun?), efficient (thermo gun?), increased capacity (missiles)
- Missions (ES2)
- Investigate losing miners in back to work
Other pages[edit | edit source]
- Prototype (ES2) - needs work, describe prototype's content. Will be updated in the future
- Updates (ES2) - keep updating
- Mechanics (ES2) maybe? For smaller things not worth a page, links to things like Damage (ES2) and Level. Stats page? grappling mechanic/tractor beam?
- Minigames - racing, explosive asteroid (called rigged asteroid in beta), hacking maybe if they add it. Single page for all? individual pages? List of race courses, maybe pages like that for all relevant locations.
- Usually, one page for each enemy type. Might want to condense certain enemies like Outlaw Turrets if possible (use tabber for enemy infobox). Enemies with similar origins in ES1 need (ES2) identifier in title.
New infoboxes needed[edit | edit source]
- Template:Location infobox - re-do appearance to fit ES2 UI elements/color (also make it less wide), any other useful parameters?
- Equipment infoboxes that mimic in-game UI (but UI is WIP right now) - same deal as above - either have separate templates for weapons, modules, and consumables, or somehow support all of them.
- Device infobox will definitely have to be separate from equipment
- Current character infobox may do fine... but maybe make a new one for characters that show up in ES2 (tabber - one tab for ES1 infobox, one tab for ES2 infobox?) that uses ES2 UI elements.
- Template:Mission infobox: re-do appearance to fit ES2 UI elements/color (also make it less wide), reward needs little credits icon, maybe add another param for companions that are with you during this mission, make it so div box around enemies param can support more lines/rows
Cool ideas[edit | edit source]
- Equipment Comparison: Something on it's own page - can load pick two different pieces of equipment from a drop down to load their respective infoboxes and calculate + show comparison text (example comparison text in this ui sneak peak in both infoboxes. Might need an initial dropdown for equipment type so you can't compare different things. Could also do something similar with ship comparisons
Needed media[edit | edit source]
- Companion/perks tutorial popup icon (copy the description while there)
- Continue adding more imglinks to ES2 portal - using figma + fpimagelink template to make them, see discord
- Dax ship, face, icon, cutscenes, etc.
- Delia cutscenes, face, icon, etc.
- enemy ships
Everspace 1[edit | edit source]
Pages that need to be created or edited[edit | edit source]
- Okkar - Continue adding info/tips for the ships
- Outlaws - Continue adding info/tip for the ships
- Grady & Brunt Prospects - continue adding info/tips for the ships
- All of the faction pages with ship info tables - the table could use a rework. How can it be made better to accommodate maybe more stats, another image? Maybe remove description column? Make a template?
- The Coalition "The Coalition has bigger plans!" -Elek, mention elek's mission? Make format easy to expand with ES2 info
- Where to put info about Elite ships?
- Codex - put when they are unlocked.
- Some Encounters Characters don't spawn until meeting Seth Nobu?
- Perks - Just needs one more pass on the costs and credit totals based on the spreadsheet.
- Equipment - Finally get around to replacing the tables with the boxes - for equips with mk2/mk3 versions, just include those links on the same line (so like Cloak (Mk2, Mk3) - would need to edit the template for this
- Update secondary weapon and consumable pages with slotmax parameter
- Rockfish Games - history section in progress by lol_bye/2lol2lmao
- Jump Suppressor - need warning notification/popup image, use HIVE quote, mention useful items, locations, hackable or not (like on frigate, needs to be destroyed. drone carrier too?)
Significant projects[edit | edit source]
- Category:Dialogue -Separate into pages for each main character with dialogue. Not a priority, but would be nice to have. Avoided lots of work using Excel2Wiki, but the resulting table still needs to be edited. Work is on User:Grendal27/Sandbox.
- Go back to equipment pages with mk1/mk2/mk3 and condense them into one single page using tabber extension. Maybe just tabs on the infobox and crafting boxes, or over the whole page? See Deep Rock Galactic wiki for an example of tabber in action - creature infoboxes.
Currently needed media:[edit | edit source]
- Outlaws - I just want an image of the sniper drone firing with its beam for the gallery, could always get more structures
- G&B - could get more structures/stations/mining areas, any freighters missing? heavy fighter?
- Colonials - could get more abandoned stations, multiple layouts
- Tareen shop UI
- Maurice small dialogue icon
- Karlie small dialogue icon
- Denara small dialogue icon
- Gorc small dialogue icon
- Jump Suppressor, plus its hud icon and hud warning